Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Quark Shaders for Higan/bsnes v093+

As of v093, Higan (previously known as bsnes) includes a new shader format based on OpenGL 3.3 / GLSL 1.5. This format is nice, powerful and roughly as flexible as RetroArch's Cg support. Hyllian, aliaspider and I set to work converting many of the most popular shaders to the new format, available from the Quark Shader Github repo.

If you're not familiar with git, you can download the full repo by clicking on the 'Download ZIP' button in the right-hand margin.

To use these shaders, place the entire *.shader directory into your Video Shaders directory. One caveat: the handful of shaders that utilize motion blur won't work with v093, but should be functional with v094+.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Where can I get the Kega Fusion (.rpi) version for 5xBR-v3.7? I have been looking everywhere, but I can not find it. Please help me.

Pip said...

>muh kega fusion

Just use RetroArch's GenplusGX core. other than a lack of 32x support it's better and it uses .cg shaders.

Anonymous said...

hi there

i know you from old SSNES forum and i've been usisg your libsnes binary (0.78) for last two yeas...thanks a lot (:

now here's my problem....The most current version of Bsnes/Higan is version 0.94 and it fixed one of my favorite game G Gundam G-Next...
Unfortunately i can't run 0.79 and upward on my old computer and for the life of me I can't compile myself...source code is already patched up to fix the bug...
if you have a compiler handy, and free time...Win32-Compatibility-libsnes core is all i need...(:

updated source code:
http://ryushare.com/jd0w0qyieh39/bsnes_078_source_updated.rar

take care buddy

Anonymous said...

it seems i mistakenly uploaded not patched one...

*PROPER*
updated source link:
http://ryushare.com/qdtc9nju0227/bsnes_078_source_updated.rar

Anonymous said...

nevermind...i was able to compile myself....i set 'path' wrong...

thanks always

Hunter K. said...

@Anonymous
Oh nice, glad to hear it. I tried and failed to cross-compile it from linux and hadn't had a chance to try it in Windows yet. Thanks for the update :)

Pavel said...

Thank you very much!

Wyatt said...

I can't get these to work (v094, linux). I put them in the Video Shaders directory, and the only shaders in v094's menu are 'none' and 'blur'. I got these working months ago on one PC, but I have absolutely no idea what I did. Is there a better guide to installing them somewhere?

Hunter K. said...

What GPU/driver are you using? I don't think the open source drivers are/were able to run these until very recently, as they require a version of GLSL that was unsupported by Mesa previously.

Analytics Tracking Footer